Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Technology today...

Earlier this week, (or maybe last week...I can't remember), I received an email from my mom about how easy life is for kids these days... Here is part of the email:

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning....Uphill...Barefoot...BOTH ways...yadda, yadda, yadda. And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it! But now that I'm over the ripe old age of forty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia! And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

1) I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalog!!
2) There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox, and it would take like a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!
3) Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our ass! Nowhere was safe!

Anyway...I found the email to be chuckle-worthy. There were 13 points made, all of which are funny because of their truth.

That being said, I just went upstairs to tell The Boy something. I went into the bonus room and he was sitting at the computer (which was not on) doing his homework...EXCEPT, he was doing it with a friend and listening to music. His friend is not here...she is at home. They are working together while on FaceTime on their iPhones. (I'm fairly certain he 'muted/paused' the conversation when I came in to speak with him). As I left the room, I could not help but chuckle. How far we've come with this technology stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!